Questions to Consider Before Receiving Anesthetic Care
Questions to consider when receiving your anesthetic care at an oral surgeon’s office, dentist’s office, or oral surgeon’s or dentist’s surgical suite.
- Is the facility accredited and licensed to provide the services offered?
- What type of anesthetic will I be receiving? 77% of all Oral Surgery cases are done under deep sedation/TIVA.
- Who will be providing this anesthetic and monitoring my care while I am having this procedure?
- Does the facility have all the appropriate safeguards necessary to provide this level of care and service?; especially equipment with end tidal CO2 monitoring and emergency airway equipment.
- Is the staff trained and licensed as well as functioning within the scope of their training and practice?
- Each state has different rules regarding deep sedation and General Anesthesia permitting. Please click here for Georgia State rules.