Stanford R. Plavin, MD
Meet Dr. Plavin
“I have dedicated my anesthesia practice to providing the highest standard of patient care and safety. I personally attempt meet with each patient to discuss his or her medical history and conduct a limited physical exam. I explain my patient’s treatment in careful detail and answer all questions in an unhurried atmosphere. My goal is to provide quality anesthesia care to each patient, relieve any discomfort, and help our patients achieve a positive experience during their dental or oral surgical treatment.”
- Residency in Anesthesiology: Emory University Affiliated Hospitals, Atlanta, GA
- MD: University of Vermont College Of Medicine, Burlington, VT
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
RECognizED AS An ExPERIEnCED HEALTHCARE PROvIDER
- Residency trained Physician Anesthesiologist, specifically disciplined in providing sedation and general anesthesia care in a variety of clinical settings: Hospital Operating Rooms, Outpatient Surgical Centers, and Dental,Oral surgery and Physician Offices. Providing experience, safety, and quality anesthesia care for over 20 years.
A COMMITMEnT TO COntinuing eduCATion
- Frequently attends annual meetings of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and completes over 40 hours of continuing Medical education each year.
- Lecturer: U.S. and internationally, to various organizations on topics such as Office Based Anesthesia, Patient selection for Office based surgery, ASC lecturer, Infection control, Oral Sedation, Deep Sedation, General Anesthesia, and other related topics.
- Maintains current certification in BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists — Affiliate
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia
- ASCA Board Member
Active member of the community
Dr. Plavin has two children, resides in Atlanta and is active in organized medicine and anesthesiology on a local, state, and national level. He enjoys quality time with his family, children, sports, travel, and music.